Wow- thanks to everyone who packed the house at Grawemeyer’s for our Season Announcement Party! We were thrilled by the turnout and energy, the connections made with our startups, our sponsors and partners who make our programming possible, and – of course – the chance to celebrate our biggest season yet, including a few surprise announcements!
Thanks again to season sponsor Baker Donelson, and fall programming sponsors Commercial Advisors, Duncan Williams, Inc., Loeb Properties, Mayor’s Office of Talent and Human Capital and Waddell & Associates.
Logistics details and RSVP links will be added shortly. But with no further ado… introducing our LaunchMemphis Fall 2012 Programming and Schedule:
Office Hours: Tuesdays 9:00am-noon and Thursdays 2:00-5:00pm
Our co-working space in downtown Memphis, the Launchpad is available for free to early stage entrepreneurs ready to take their startups to the next level. So are our weekly Office Hours of one-to-one mentoring around key elements of business development.
Founders Toolkit Workshop NEW!
The Launchpad (suite 127 of EmergeMemphis) at 5:30pm
Business Canvas: August 21, October 2, November 27
Business Development: August 28, October 9, December 4
Marketing and Branding: September 4, October 16, December 18
Ready to convert your big idea into a solid business model? Those just beginning their entrepreneurial journey are encouraged to join us for this new three-part workshop series- it’s free, but you will have homework!
Tech Cocktails sponsored by Loeb Properties
September 12: Owen Brennan’s
October 10: The Brass Door
November 14: Alchemy
December 12: HOLIDAY PARTY (location TBD)
Join tech enthusiasts – including professionals, entrepreneurs, innovators and creators in addition to those who take theirs with a splash of code – for an evening of tech + cocktails + conversation. A $5 donation to LaunchMemphis gets you in the door, where you will enjoy happy hour specials on food and drinks. And great networking! Don’t forget to use #memtech.
September 22 from 9:00am-4:30pm in The Launchpad
Join us for this day-long interactive course in entrepreneurship! Industry experts walk you through our model and process, then set up one-to-one Office Hours for personalized feedback relevant to launching, running and growing your business.
Who should attend? Entrepreneurs are encouraged! But this signature event is valuable for small business owners, non-profits, intrapreneurs expanding into a new product line, or anyone else looking for an effective problem-solving toolkit to apply entrepreneurial principles to any career or endeavor.
48 Hour Launch
Not your average, ordinary weekend. During 48 Hour Launch entrepreneurs, developers and diverse professionals converge to transform big ideas into solid business models and build the companies of tomorrow.
Have an innovative idea? You have two minutes on Friday evening to pitch your concept and inspire the crowd. More interested in applying your professional skills to a goal that fuels economic development and elevates creative talent? Then vote for your favorite pitch and dive into development. This is true community investment, and your skills are needed!
Ignite Memphis 5
Thursday, October 25 at Bioworks
Enlighten us, but make it quick! We partner with MemphisConnect for this evening of inspiration, education and entertainment. Got a topic you’re passionate about presenting, and up for the challenge of a 5 minute presentation with 20 slides that auto-advance every 15 seconds? Then we welcome your submissions! But no worries- you can also sit back and watch. Click here for prior Ignite Memphis presentations.
Global Entrepreneurship Week NEW!
Global Entrepreneurship Week is the world’s largest celebration of the innovators and job creators who launch startups that bring ideas to life, drive economic growth and expand human welfare.
During one week each November, GEW inspires communities through activities that connect entrepreneurs with game-changing ideas, to potential resources and collaborators- introducing them to new possibilities and exciting opportunities.
We’re ready to put Memphis on the GEW map, and have packed the week with programming and networking opportunities for entrepreneurs, mentors, local businesses and non-profits, and general supporters throughout the community. Times and locations to be announced soon (along with additional programming!).
Our theme is “Risk City,” as we work to mitigate risks faced by entrepreneurs, but also work to flip typical risk aversion. After all, it is only by taking great risks that true progress occurs.
- Pitch Perfect (November 12): For those actively moving forward with their startups – like those involved with Office Hours, BOOSTcamp, 48 Hour Launch or the Launchpad – we will provide a panel of diverse experts to provide feedback on your latest pitch. Accompanying visuals like PowerPoint are encouraged.
- In-Synk Business Book Review: Great by Choice by Jim Collins (November 13): Noted executive strategist brings a special GEW edition of his monthly Business Book Review to the Launchpad. And you don’t have to read the book!
- Mentor Mixer(November 13): It takes a village to grow a thriving entrepreneurial ecosystem. We invite you to a casual cocktail event to learn more about the benefits of sharing your time, insights, experience and leadership with our founders and their startups.
- High Octane Office Hours(November 14-15): Memphis area business leaders join us in the Launchpad for an exclusive, high-powered set of one-to-one Office Hours for high growth potential startup companies. Like Pitch Perfect, these sessions are for those actively moving forward through our platform and process.
- Field Day Co-Working(November 16): Co-working facilitates collaboration and impromptu synergy- we hope your organization will bring a team to our inaugural GEW Field Day. The location is TBD but wifi will be available!
- SpeedPitch(November 16): Similar to speed dating, LaunchMemphis introduces an event for those with fresh, bold ideas ready for some creative customer discovery. You get two minutes to pitch, then three minutes for feedback from business and community leaders. When the bell rings, you’re off to the next table!
- Risk City Soiree(November 16): What better way to celebrate a successful Global Entrepreneurship Week than with a party?
Nibletz – the “voice of startups everywhere else” – just announced the move of their HQ to Memphis. But that’s not all: Nibletz and LaunchYourCity, Inc. premiere Pitchmas this December, a conference much like Disrupt and DEMO… but with a lower price point and greater focus on startups “everywhere else.” Additional details will be available starting September 1!