Last week 14 startups graduated from the Start Co. and ZeroTo510 accelerators and pitched their companies at Memphis Demo Day (Aug 13th). This was the first demo day where Start Co. and ZeroTo510 accelerators joined forces to host one demo day showcasing the Memphis ecosystem. Over 300 attendees made it out to the event including investors, partners, mentors, and supporters. Here’s a rundown of the 2015 accelerator teams:
Start Co. Seed Hatchery – for B2B startups with software and hardware solutions
- DivorceSecure, workflow and collaboration wizard for divorce attorneys to streamline the intake of client information and increase their overall case volume.
- LendMed, a liabilities tracking software and digital kiosk that manages the 50,000 weekly instances of hospital lending and borrowing across national/local facilities.
- Ncrease, a marketing automation tool for online businesses that provides insights about their customers’ social behaviors and daily content sharing suggestions.
- Preteckt, the 1st smart vehicle technology for fleets and drivers that accurately predicts truck breakdowns 30 days before they happen.
Start Co. Upstart – for women-led technology startups
- 6Figure, a retail app and ecommerce website with exclusive curation of professional clothing for women in competitive corporate fields.
- Care Current, a scheduling and matching software for Senior Care Agencies that weighs over 40 factors when assigning clients to their ideal at-home caregiver.
- MLS My Nest, a real estate service that connects home sellers with licensed agents in their area who provide full real estate services for a $1,500 flat fee.
Start Co. Sky High – for social impact technology startups
- Capital C, a Memphis-based code school for adults who are serious about landing jobs as entry-level software developers.
- CodeCrew, a nonprofit organization that provides computer science training to underserved K-12 Memphis students, delivered both in the classroom and extracurricularly on an opt-in basis.
- MyCollegeSTREAM, a SaaS platform that helps high school guidance counselors engage students in the college search process by using social media.
ZeroTo510 for medical device startups:
- SweetBio makes membranes for tissue regeneration used in oral surgeries utilizing medical-grade honey as one of the ingredients.
- LineGard Med provides hospitals with a simple device that protects and preserves patients’ IV sites and central lines.
- GlucosAlarm has created a technology to measure glucose in diabetic patients’ urine, which simplifies the testing procedure.
- Inspire Living offers a portable health monitor that enables anyone, anywhere, to conduct an automated respiratory and rapid vitals exam on a child.
The event was definitely a success with standing room only. Make sure to check out our Storify for more coverage of the event.